Friday, October 1, 2010

Summer Job







This summer like most US teens I was job hunting. Being a 14 year old girl, not many people want to hire you so I begged my mom to ask one of her and my dads tenets Deborah to hire me. Deborah owns a make-up shop called Blush Beauty Bar and since I love make-up I thought it would be fun. Working at a clothing store would have been my number one choice but my parents don't have to many tenets that own clothing stores. Deborah and I are close so I was hired quickly, but only to help with big events. I had only worked there one day before I got another job offer. My moms friend Nancy is a world renowned photo stylist and she asked me to help her on a shoot for rapper Wale and violinist Lee England. I love Wale and fashion (I got to work with the stylist too) so I said yes. The shoot took place on Alberta Street. There were to trailers parked in a gravel parking lot, one for staff, and one for the celebrity and his posé. We went to various locations and met the sweetest nicest man Derek Roche rapper Diddys stylist ( see picture below).

After the shoot, Nancy asked if I wanted to work on another shoot with her, this time with Justin Bieber for Teen Vogue. Oh corse I said yes. Justin Bieber is a phenomenon, how could I say no? We met up at Grant High School where I nervously waited to meet Justin Bieber. When I first met him I couldn't believe it was him. Not in a bad way, just in a surprised way. I also met his really nice friends Kenny Hamilton and Julian Swirsky. Justin Bieber even wore my sweater! (see above picture of Justin Bieber). I really wish I could have talked to him more, but he was really busy. I am really happy I have such an amazing job and can't wait to continue doing things like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment